The WTA is once again running its own fantasy game, aptly called WTA Fantasy Tennis. The aim of the game is to predict who will qualify for the WTA Finals as far before they actually qualify as possible, and predicting the four semi-finalists at a selection of WTA tournaments. I will be giving my expert picks throughout the year, as I finished in the Top 100 of the game last year.
- Sign up to the game through the WTA site. The website provides you a wealth of information on how to play, prizes available, and the terms and conditions.
- The official Twitter account is @WTAFantasy. This account will give you any updates with the game you need to know about.
- I have created a public league called Last Word On Tennis, for both writers and fans of the site to compete directly against each other. As it is public you should be able to join without issue. If there is a problem, comment in the article with your email and I can send out an invite link.
NOTE: Picks must be be submitted 15 minutes before the start of a tournament. Therefore, in order to get points for Brisbane I suggest you make your account now as play starts shortly.
Tips For Brisbane
For each tournament, you need to pick four players and two alternates, should any of your picks withdraw from the tournament. In order to get maximum points, you need all your chosen players to make the semi-finals. Therefore, it would be a wise decision to pick one player from each quarter of the draw. Below I have put forward, two players from each quarter to aid your selections.
- World Ranking: No.4
- Best Result: Champion (2018)
- World Ranking: No.9
- Best Result: 1st Round (2018)
- World Ranking: No.6
- Best Result: Quarter-Final (2013)
- World Ranking: No.8
- Best Result: Champion (2017)
- World Ranking: No. 7
- Best Result: Champion (2011)
- World Ranking: No.21
- Best Result: 2nd Round (2018)
- World Ranking: No. 5
- Best Result: 3rd Round Qualifying (2016)
- World Ranking: No. 11
- Best Result: Semi-final (2018)
These are my suggestions, but who will you pick? I look forward to finding out! Good luck!